.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Continuous Train of Thought

terra | words in formation | ttmml | shutterbug | ab fan page



Sunday, November 27, 2005

Rent

Tonight I went to see Rent with some friends. After getting over the initial shock of a musical being on a movie screen I settled in and was tapping my foot and swaying to the beats. This film is filled with hilarity, political statements, drama, music and dancing. By the end of the movie I was emotionally spent, my neck and shoulders were tense, and my head hurt from crying. Now that's what I call entertainment! Painful as it may seem, when a movie/musical can move you tears and evoke such strong emotions, then the writer, director, and actors have performed and outstanding job. I've never been to a movie where the audience applauded at the end, until now. If I had a movie rating scale from 1-5, I'd give it a 5. Go see this movie, just bring some tissues.

1 Comments:

  • I give it a 3. It was great at the beginning, but near the end it kinda dragged on with the depressing stuff. The songs were better at the beginning too. I still think Phantom of the Opera is the best!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home