.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Continuous Train of Thought

terra | words in formation | ttmml | shutterbug | ab fan page



Saturday, October 08, 2005

Interstate Goat (Only in Alabama)

I was riding down the interstate in Alabama yapping away on my cellphone when I see a huge white cow standing under one of the overpasses on the shoulder. I'm thinking, if that guy walks into the highway someone's a goner. I tell my friend I'll call back because I should at least tell the highway patrol that some farmers livestock has gotten out. So, I dial up the Alabama State Trooper's office and here is the conversation that transpired.

Me: "Yes, ma'am (cause I'm southern and have manners) I just passed a cow near the roadway and thought maybe you guys could let the owner know that they have some livestock loose."

Dispatch: "Where are you ma'am?"

Me: "Mile marker xx, traveling northbound, I passed it a few miles ago."

Dispatch: "Was it white and standing under the overpass?"

Me: "Yes ma'am."

Dispatch: "It's a not a cow, it's a goat."

Me: "Well, that's a mighty big goat."

Dispatch: "Yes it is and that's where it likes to rest. He's been there for 4 years and has never gotten into the roadway. He's actually behind a fence."

Me: "Okay then, bye."

2 Comments:

  • Dude, I think you're getting spam. The other comment in this post, and the comment in your boobiethon post are both comment spams -- unless you actually have friends who have credit card processing and dating sites. If I were you I'd delete these and

    "I was riding down the interstate" -- who and/ or what were you riding? Teehee, mind in the gutter today.

    Anyho, that's some goat with a wacky sense of humor, to 1) impersonate a cow; 2) impersonate a cow for 4 years and 3) impersonate a cow for 4 years while making people think it causes a highway hazard.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 AM  

  • Is this a true story? If so, LOL, they already knew what animal you were talking about.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home