.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Continuous Train of Thought

terra | words in formation | ttmml | shutterbug | ab fan page



Sunday, February 13, 2005

Abandoned Pup

I took my dog to the dog park a few nights ago and found a pup there with no owner. Who would leave such a cute puppy all alone in 20 degree weather? Mean people, that's who. It did have a collar and a phone number so I called with my trusty cellphone. The chick that answered said, "it's my roomates dog and my other roomate left it there." I told her that the dog would freeze if left outside. She replied "thanks for calling," click. I hung up and was consumed with responsiblity for a dog that wasn't my own. I played with the pup for a while, along with other patrons of the park. After an hour of debate with other dog owners we decided it would be best to call animal control. I was literally dialing the digits when the owner arrived and chirped "thanks for calling," swooped the dog up and left hurriedly. I was dumbfounded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home