.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Continuous Train of Thought

terra | words in formation | ttmml | shutterbug | ab fan page



Friday, February 04, 2005

Multitasking and memories

Sometimes it's best not to try and multitask. Like when you're late for work and you're brushing your teeth and trying to put on your underwear at the same time. This morning I was, of course, late for work. It's Friday, aren't we all allowed an extra 15 minutes anyway? So, I'm there brushing my teeth with my new electric tooth brush, and I decide I can save time by putting on my undies with the other hand. Well, I end up brushing one tooth for the 3 minutes it takes to manuever my undies up my legs with one hand. After being put in a throughly self induced bad mood, I moved to the closet. Guess what? I haven't done laundry this week. I peruse my shirts and pass over shirt after shirt. Why do I have all these if I'm not going to wear them? After deliberating for 30 secs I choose a shirt I haven't worn in a while and pull it over my head. Hmm, this is comfy, why do I not choose you more often comfy T-shirt? Could it be because of a subconcious bad memory of a time while wearing that shirt? Kinda like the reason why you don't eat spaghetti and haven't since you were a little kid because it gave you heartburn each time your mom made it. I would always say I didn't like spaghetti when offered, but now I have discovered that I do indeed like the taste, it was just the bad memories of the heartburn. Although, I haven't been able to overcome this with corndogs. I still haven't tried a corndog since my sister made them and used grits instead of corn meal for the bread. Ick, crunchy corndogs, blah. Maybe I'll be brave and have one today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home